Following are examples of recently received internship opportunities. New internship opportunities will be posted as they become available. Visit the Career Center for additional information and up-to-date listings.
Please be aware that many programs have deadlines ending in February or early March. If you intend to apply to these programs, you are advised to do so early.
- NYU Center for Neural Science Summer Research Program
- NYU School of Medicine SURP
- The SURF program at UT Southwestern is an intensive summer research training experience designed for college students who are preparing for careers in biological research. Fellows spend ten weeks ( beginning June through August ), pursuing individual research projects in the laboratories of UT Southwestern Graduate School faculty members.
- Neuropsychology, Behavioral Neurology, & Cognitive Neuroscience internship at the University of Iowa. Students actively participate in the design and execution of a research project in cognitive neuroscience. Students gain an understanding of the principal neuropsychological manifestations of neurological diseases, including agnosia, amnesia, aphasia, disorders of personality and social conduct, and dementia. For more information contact Dr. Daniel Tranel.
- The Biomedical Research Apprenticeship Program (BioMed RAP) is a 10-week summer research program for underrepresented minority and disadvantaged college and university students who are interested in careers in biomedical research. The program is sponsored by Washington University in St. Louis. For more information visit http://biomedrap.wustl.edu/
- Cold Spring Harbor Undergraduate Research Program (URP) provides one of the few places in the world where young people are instructed in the techniques of modern biology while becoming integrated members of a vibrant scientific community. For more information, visit http://www.cshl.org/URPsite/URP.html
- NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research with locations in Bethesda, MD and other sites around the country. More information at https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/sip
- The Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program at UNC-Chapel Hill provides talented undergraduate students the opportunity to carry out an independent research project under the guidance of UNC faculty mentors. For more information visit http://www.med.unc.edu/pmbb/reu/index.htm
- Each summer, the Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) sponsors a 10-week program in which selected undergraduate students conduct independent research under the guidance of individual CNUP training faculty. For details, visit http://cnup.neurobio.pitt.edu/training/summer/index.aspx
- Undergraduate Research Internships in Neuroscience and Cognitive Science at the University of Maryland College Park campus.
- Donald Danforth Plant and Science Center has various research internship openings to assist with all aspects of modern scientific research. This paid opportunity is located in St. Louis, MO. For more information, visit http://www.danforthcenter.org/internship/
- St. Louis Science Center has a variety of unpaid internships from researching and coordinating educational events to assisting with collections to video production. For more information visit
- Student Conservation Association helps connect students to paid internship opportunities across a variety of disciplines at U.S. Parks across the nation. For more information, visit http://www.thesca.org/conservation-internships/apply